Guidelines on Qualifications
There is no single examining body in Beauty Therapy. It is important therefore that students ensure the beauty course they choose leads to examinations approved by one of the following organisations:
- CIDESCO : Comite International d'Esthétique et de Cosmetologie is a World-wide organisation. This is an International qualification which is accepted in over 33 countries.
- CIBTAC : Confederation of International Beauty Therapy and Cosmetology which is the examining body of the British Association of Beauty Therapy and Cosmetology (BABTAC)
- City and Guilds (C & G)
- Edexcel BTEC and Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA) which offer both National and Higher National awards.
- International Therapy Examination Council (ITEC)
- International Health & Beauty Council (IHBC)
- Vocational Training Charitable Trust (VTCT)
It is more usual to find Colleges of Further Education offering a range of Edexcel BTEC SQA, C&G, and IHBC awards, whereas the private beauty colleges will be geared to CIDESCO and CIBTAC examinations or possibly ITEC
Champneys College offers students the opportunity to train to the highest standards with:
CIBTAC and CIDESCO